The Digestive Zone
The fourth zone regulates the digestion and assimilation of foods and the production of substance to keep the body in health. This zone is often found to be out of order in many cases.
When the fourth zone is out of harmony this is directly related to diet. If chemicals from foods, drinks or toxins are incorrectly combined there will be unpleasant reactions leading to discomfort and imbalances within the body.
Correcting the zone are greatly aided by proper eating habits. Balancing this zone helps to support immune function, decrease sensitivities to foods, normalize appetite and weight as well as improve absorption of the nutrients in food you consume.
OUR TOP TEN FOODS THAT HELP WITH DIGESTION:
- Yogurt: Yogurt contains probiotics, which can aid digestion by promoting healthy bacteria in your digestive tract.
- Apples: The pectin found in apples helps increase stool bulk and movement through your digestive tract. It may also decrease inflammation in your colon.
- Fennel: Fennel’s fiber content and antispasmodic agent can improve digestion by limiting some negative gastrointestinal symptoms
- Chia Seeds: are an excellent source of fiber. They work like a prebiotic, supporting the growth of healthy bacteria in your gut.
- Kombucha: Kombucha’s ample probiotic content improves digestion and gut health. The drink may also help heal stomach ulcers.
- Papaya: Papaya contains papain, which is a strong digestive enzyme that contributes to the healthy digestion of proteins. It may also relieve IBS symptoms.
- Whole Grains: Due to their high fiber content, whole grains can support healthy digestion by adding bulk to your stool, reducing constipation and feeding your healthy gut bacteria.
- Miso: Miso’s probiotic content makes it helpful for reducing digestive issues and overcoming intestinal illness like diarrhea.
- Ginger: Ginger appears to expedite food’s movement through your stomach, easing certain side effects associated with slow digestion. It has also been used to treat nausea,
- Kimchi: Kimchi contains probiotics and fiber that improve digestion and promote bowel health.